After much prayerful discussion, the decision has been made to resume in-person worship in the sanctuary on Sunday, May 9.
The Task Team is preparing by:
- Assuring that surfaces in the sanctuary, elevator, stairwells, bathrooms, and any other essential areas are cleaned.
- Marking off every other pew to allow for easy social distancing.
- Providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Adapting the ways we will collect an offering, serve communion, and perform other worship elements.
- Preparing for the training of Elders, Deacons, Ushers, and Greeters, and providing face masks to them to will help identify them to the congregation.
What we need you to do:
- Use the Self- Assessment below before each in-person worship and/or gathering
- Bring and wear your own mask (Must cover your mouth and nose at all times, even during the worship service). If you forget your mask one week, we will have a few extra.
- Sit 6 feet or more from anyone that is not in your family.
- Avoid physical contact including hugs and handshakes. (We know this will be one of the hardest things to do!)
- Enter from either the main church doors or the glass door by the Emmaus room. Please use hand sanitizer upon entering the building and Sanctuary.
- Go to the Narthex upon arrival so we can take attendance for tracking purposes. Then you can use the stairs or elevator to enter the sanctuary.
**** This plan will continue to be evaluated based on the number of COVID-19 cases in Licking County in general and Newark in particular. We will continue to use phone, email, The Second SCOOP, and mail to keep you informed. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the church office. Your call will be responded to promptly.
Use the link below to access the self-assessment form. Please use this form before every in-person worship service and/or gathering.